Long awaited update is here and brings code optimizations and new features.
- Refactored core according to the WordPress best practices
- Various optimizations (deprecated functions removed, pre 3.0 support removed)
- IE6, IE7, IE8 support drop
- XHMTL -> HTML5
- All main graphics recreated with CSS
- Scripts updated to latest versions
- Theme Customizer
- Logo upload
- Favicon upload
- Google webfonts
- Custom colors
- Print style
- Home page template
- New documentation
Upgrading to v1.5
Due to the various improvements of WordPress itself as well as some performance and code optimizations, some things have changed from the previous theme versions. Therefore if you want to upgrade theme to v1.5 version here are the needed steps:
- The widgets will automatically move to different widget areas duo to the new default widget area. You will need to move them to appropriate places so take a note of the current setup before you upgrade.
- The page templates will need to be selected again per page.
- Create new page with “Home” template if you want to keep your current home page.
Please take a note that Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8 support is dropped and if you need to support these versions do not upgrade to v1.5 version.